Sacha Sacket News

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Green Grass and Lottery Luck

Well it's been a few days since I've written here :) Things are going really well. I hit a little roadblock with some of the songs but I think we are almost in the clear. Right now I am searching for the perfect clavichord. I figure if it's good enough for Stevie Wonder, then it's good enough for me. Don't you wish your last name was something awesome like that? Sacha Fabulous or Sacha Spectacular... Sort of makes me feel like a cirque du soleil act/superhero or something... maybe not.

I have a wedding to attend up in Lake Tahoe for the weekend. Which I am both excited for and a little nervous about. I don't like being away from an instrument for too long - especially with my new creative mandate. I might bring an acoustic guitar with me, but planes can be spotty about that sort of thing. Get to see all my friends and their new babies. It seems everyone is having babies or getting married the last few years... and I don't feel ANY peer pressure :)

I think we are going to release Cocky next. It's sort of a different little song, has a retro feel, a bit glam actually and I want to start releasing some of the more electronic, futuristic music I have been hounding on. Ready to show another shade. So we'll cap it off with Cocky and show something new in July.

The hardest thing lately has been trying to promote the music while creating. It's always an impossible feat to do both simultaneously. And it seems I am always caught in purgatory.

It's so easy to feel the grass is greener on the other side and all that. Like U2 or Lady Gaga have it made. They just get to be all creative and have a 1 ton gorilla to take care of their promotional needs. Soooo not true though. I know it. But you can't help but feel that at times.

For some reason this video came to mind. Maybe because I am determined to have it all :)

No comments: